Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:49 am

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

3.0 Troops

Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

3.0 Troops

Post by Poison on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:48 am

I've been researching the new troop changes in 3.0 and I came up with a list of the new useful troops for the next update, in case any of you would like to prepare.

Troops

Gunsman
    With the newly added assault attribute combined with the now weaker swordsman, the gunsman becomes the primary pillaging unit.

Phalanxes
    Phalanxes now become useful again. With the nerfed SGs loosing their excellent defense and their resistance attribute, the phalanxes are now more cost effective and essentially have a better defense.

Mortar
    The Mortar has a really nice boost of attack and defense with the new update. The Ram ability they possess still doesn't work yet but if it's ever fixed it will be a nice addition to a pillage team.

Bombardiers
    Although not as cost effective as the Gunsmen or Mortars, the Bombardiers actually become semi-useful during pillages. I'm replace my gyrocopters with them since gyrocopters become junk.

Ships

-Still researching these

Paddle Wheel Ram
    The paddle wheel ram takes over the flamethrower in 3.0 for the best naval offensive unit.

Mortar Ship
    The mortar ships are now the better defensive unit in 3.0 since they have lost their nice attack but gained the resistance ability.
    Greeny42
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 500
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Re: 3.0 Troops

Post by Greeny42 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 am

thank you very much for your work and analysis. Saved me some trouble. lol.

Rohan
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Rohan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 am

Actually I have to disagree with some of your numbers. My husband is working on a spreadsheet with all of the numbers in regards to how the troops in the new patch will compare with our now troops and how the upkeep will change what is the best overall troop for us to use.

None of the information was necessarily wrong, however, you have to look at upkeep for everything. We will see that we will need more overall troops and that phalanx will not be as useful. Gunners will be more useful and mortars and bombadiers will be the be all end all of the military units. The steam giants will replace the need for phalanx. When he is completely done with it I will share more information. No matter what we will all need to have more troops overall in order to compensate for the amount of change we will see.

In other words we will have to figure out what the best overall troop is in the new patch and build them when we get there. If we do it now, we would be stupid because of the decrease in upkeep we will see in the new patch, which is the other reason we will need to build when we get there... Everyone else will be doing the same thing because of the decrease in the upkeep and the decrease in military power. Personally I would build gunners, bombadiers, and mortars.
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female

Post by Poison on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 am

Steam Giant(fully upgraded):

Cost: 15 Gold
    Defense: 80
    Bonus: None

2 Phalanxes(fully upgraded):
    Cost: 16 Gold
    Defense: 90
    Bonus: Resistance

Syrcen
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

RAW DATA

Post by Syrcen on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Poison, you did a really good job of organizing the highlight, but my notes are showing bombardiers as one of the most cost efficient. pale

I have a very basic understanding of the battle mechanics, so I figured I'm misunderstanding. I just kind of add up the attack points. With the 184 attack (268 w/ ungrades)+Assault vs. the Mortar's 142 attack (196 upgraded), or even 3 gunmen 126( 198)+assaults... I am wondering if there is something in the mechanics that I'm not seeing? I've always just ignored the Ram ability because I thought it was broken. Am I not suppose to add the assault into the upgraded bombardier? Or maybe that's endurance coming into play?

Last edited by Syrcen on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female

Post by Poison on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I put bombardiers below the gunsmen because:

1. People always like to have 600+ attackers. Easier to do with cheaper gunsmen. Much like the swordsman. If they die, they are cheaper to rebuild. Also easier to send in waves.

2. Time Frame

3. Resource Cost

4. Doctors and Cooks

But it's up to you really. I just prefer gunsmen :3

Syrcen
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by Syrcen on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Oh..Ok.
    Rebuild cost/speed...
    That makes alot of sense..Thank you.

bounce I should go bake now...Ooo a link..
    nolanshields
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by nolanshields on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:14 pm

It looks like combined arms will be more important in 3.0. There is no longer a single super-unit on offense or defense. Instead, we'll need to have several kinds of units on hand to support each other in times of attack or defense. For instance, phalanxes still are good for defense, but their attack suffers. If you only defend with phalanxes the attacker should eventually persevere because the phalanxes aren't going to take down many defenders over the course of the battle.

Yazdyeys
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by Yazdyeys on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:50 pm

I only got a chance to briefly look over the changes, but it seemed to me that they nerfed the military big time. Almost everything's defense went down. The restart costs are going to climb. Even though start up costs are less, having to do more replacements is what will make it climb. Sad
    Bullpid
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 675

Post by Bullpid on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Ok so it seems that Steam Giants are now worthless come the new update. (Please correct me if I am wrong) With them being worthless is there any reason I should continue to build them from now until the update comes out?

Sig by Eldracar

Need to Contact Me? Bullpid @ AIM and Xfire
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female

Post by Poison on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 am

I wouldn't advise building more SGs if you already have an adequate defense. I had like 100 SGs between my 5 towns and I recently started converting some of them to phalanxes.
    Bullpid
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 675

Post by Bullpid on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:37 am

I do not have any SG's yet. I have like 5 days left before the research is done. And yes and defense is very adequate. Would u then think it is ok for me to switch my research to something else that i do need?

Sig by Eldracar

Need to Contact Me? Bullpid @ AIM and Xfire
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female

Post by Poison on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Well you're going to have to research them eventually, so it's up to you if you want to switch or not. I already have my research done and I would recommend finishing them off because mortars are next in line for military research and those are really good in .3.0
    evilking
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

wow, this is cool.

Post by evilking on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:53 am

Hmmm, i think 3.0 is cool. We are no longer focusing on a 1 type of unit in defense and offense. Battle is more realistic than before.
    Before i just hire a battalion of swordsman if i want someone to tremble but according to what poison says, mix combat is necessary for you to win. In my defense i hire much phalanxes than SGs. Although SGs have much defensive score but the cost is high. So i prefer phalanx,.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:07 am