Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:49 am

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

What resource should my 5th town be?

Poll

[ 7 ]
    58% [58%] 
    [ 2 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    8% [8%] 

Total Votes: 12
    talie
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by talie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 am

Hi! I want everyone's opinion here...I am having a hard time making a choice about my 5th colony, which I aim to colonize shortly after v0.3... I already have one colony on each resource.

What would be your choice?

Re: What resource should my 5th town be?

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 am

I think you and I have already talked about this, but I'm not sure. I have 5 towns: 2 wine, 2 marble, 1 glass. Any sulphur I need I usually just buy (or trade you for!!). Of course, I'm not an active pillager who needs to constantly rebuild my army or maintain a huge army...so I'm not in as much need of sulphur.

If you're not wanting to give up your sulphur colony, but keep on growing, then I'd say wine should be your 5th colony, as you'll need it more and more as your populations continue to grow. Just my 2 cents!

Raede
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Raede on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:40 am

If you have 1 each of the luxury resources as colonies it would be my opinion to make the 5th colony another marble colony.

I have just started my 4th colony and and it is marble. I realized a need for more marble just after having 3 luxury colonies... crystal, marble and wine as I quickly use up my daily marble supply up-grading one building in one colony. So far my 1 wine has produced enough to supply all of my towns, sell thousands of it and still have thousands on hand. My one crystal keeps my research humming along.

After the new patch collecting resources will be different than they are now. Right now diminishing returns prohibit me from putting more than 400 men in the quarry, after the patch it should be 1 resource collected per man invested.
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by truth on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:12 pm

I also think another marble colony. On the .org servers I play, 3.0 has already been released. The buildings all build much faster and though I started out with over 100K of marble, that has already been depleted. I did not have very much troule with wine. Even though thesy require much more wine, you produce much more. Thats my opinion.
    yup277
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by yup277 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I agree, marble is the way to go. I have 1 colony of each resource (sulfur because I have a very large military) plus my 5th colony is another marble. It was definitely worth it since marble gets used up very quickly and my wine town is more than capable of offering a continuous supply.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Don't listen to them!!! The do NOT know what they're saying!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I could be biased towards wine....I love wine, love it...my favorite....wine......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    talie
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by talie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Spoken like a true teacher, Hoss! I am one of the few teachers I know that rarely drinks...my colleagues tell me that'll change after a few years of teaching!
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 am

The one and only thing that every colony must have is wine. If you have wine, you can either buy or pillage ever other resource you need, at least most of time. If you are in a war and your one wine island gets blockaded, then you are in a world of hurt rather quickly.

From a pure numbers stand point, if you have 1 wine colony and it is on a level 16 vineyard you can produce 200 wine per hour without using helping hands.

If you have 5 towns at level 18 you are probably using at an average of 40 wine per hour or more per town. So at best you are break even on your daily wine production and usage. And your towns will not stay at level 18 forever. They will either grow meaning you will need more wine or you decide to drop in a 6th colony which will cost you 88,000 wine for each town which means you would have to buy or pillage over a half a million wine to have 0 corruption. In my opinion....that's a lot!

If you don't have enough marble or wood etc. to build a building you can wait until you do, but if you run short on wine it has an immediate negative effect on your empire. I know there are a lot of ways to play the game but In my opinion producing enough wine for your empire is the best way to be self sufficient.

For the record, marble would be my second choice.

Rohan
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Rohan on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:13 am

I have two wine, two marble, and one crystal colony. If I were to make a new colony after the patch, sulpher is the way to go. It will be very valuable in the new patch and much more useful.

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am

My vote goes to another wine colony. I like to have as much wine as possible stocked in my colonies in case of a blockade. But then again, I knew that I wasn't going to have a sulfur colony. I currently have 1 crystal, 2 wine & 2 Marble. My 6th colony is 1/2 way here, I'll have it up after the upgrade.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:07 am