Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:49 am

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

Scoring System

Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Scoring System

Post by Johnny H on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 pm

Ok I will begin by apologizing for the "Whining" I am about to do, but I need to vent! Laughing I have read the threads on how your point total is determined. However, I still am amazed at how it is applied in 3.0...specifically to my Epsilon Account. I ranked somewhere around 325 or so when 3.0 rolled out. I immediately fell to around 1100 and lots of people that I know scores jumped 50 to 100 thousand points and consequently many passed me as mine only rose about 12,000 points. I have now climbed back to a ranking of 881 but I was confused by all of this. Then a few minutes ago I found a lucrative looking pillage target and I sent in my spies and now I am just bewildered! lol

This person has two colonies a 20 and a 22 on the same island and they're buildings in both cities are not nearly as a high a level as my lowest level town. They only have level 4 Governors Residences. I had 6 colonies before 3.0 hit and all of my Governors Residences were updated. (Do you have any idea how many resources it took to do that before 3.0 rolled out!!!) I now have my palace and 2 other colonies upgraded so that I can start a 7th now if I choose to. (I will wait till I update the other 3 colonies so that I don't get hit by corruption so badly) They have way less gold than me (I know that's not a big deal) I am currently researching Economic Future and the only ones I have left are the Economic ones...military, science and sea faring. My military score is 4397 and theirs is 6....yes 6 and they are not inactive!

Here is what I do not understand, they are ranked almost 600 positions higher than me and their score is approximately 167,000 points higher than mine! Mine is 303,580 and theirs is 470,095.

I know I could go through the rankings etc., and probably figure it out, but it just seems bazaar to me that this player could have that much of a higher score than me when from what I can tell I would NOT trade them my empire for theirs in a million years. I am sure the scores are correct, but it seems to me the system is flawed. Maybe they are completely researched up and maybe they maxed out their trade ships both of which I have not done but if that is all there is to having a huge score, then I am really disappointed because I have been trying to build an empire and build it the way that I thought was correct based on what I have learned.

Oh well, I am not looking for a definitive answer as I stated in my opening sentence....I just wanted to whine!

If you're still with me to this point...thanks for listening as I feel better!! Very Happy
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2008-10-31

Re: Scoring System

Post by Fact on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 pm

maybe those are his 2 newest cities, Maybe he is on Futures Round 2 or 3.
    the cities you found do not represent his empire maybe....

Unit Upgrades may be higher (even if he only has a 6 military)

SUCKS TO BE YOU!
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 pm

You're right it could be a lot of things including what you said.

Thanks for the explanation.
    nolanshields
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by nolanshields on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 pm

What is his Scientists score? Higher or lower than yours?

Also, he could have more trade ships than you. That is the wild card.

In the long run, though, if you build more and research more than he does, you should surpass him in score. Trade ships cap at 180.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:37 am