Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:49 am

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

6th town - Marble or Wine?

Trance
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

6th town - Marble or Wine?

Post by Trance on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:35 pm

I have 5 towns now 2 Marble and one of everything else. I would like to hear your opinions as for where to place 6th town? Considering the following information from my marketplace, wine which is currently on sale:

Guadalajara (Tapatingo) 2,000 Vineyard 15 Per Piece 3
    Smalis (smalis) 24,400 Vineyard 19 Per Piece 3
    Лайка (vladussr) 11,400 Vineyard 20 Per Piece 3
    lapis Lazuli (The Wolf 087) 48,000 Vineyard 20 Per Piece 3
    Dashty (Dashty) 1,465 Vineyard 25 Per Piece 1
    Phoenix (Falcon) 5,000 Vineyard 25 Per Piece 3
    Polis (aaa) 14,778 Vineyard 50 Per Piece 3
    Toonville (majestico) 500 Vineyard 50 Per Piece 3

And myself currently selling it for 15 per peace... Anyways, my thoughts are still linked to 2nd Wine town because I've no wine presses in any of my towns... only wine grower. So far it is more than enough for all 5 towns but to grow bigger and make more $$$ I'll need level 20 taverns. What do you think?

Other than that, I've both Forester(level 7) and Carpenter(level 13) in all 5 towns, however I still feel the shortage of wood. I've built Architect's buildings in both Marble towns too.

Last edited by Trance on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Eldracar
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 591
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Re: 6th town - Marble or Wine?

Post by Eldracar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 pm

I just slapped down my 6th town. I had the same setup as you - 2 marble, one of everything else. For my 6th, I went with wine.

I believe that you can maintain 6 towns with a single wine island, but you'd need high level wine presses in all your towns, a high level wine grower for your wine town, and helping hands when gathering wine. I don't want to bother with all that because I don't like cutting it that close, and I don't have the time to constantly micromanage everything to the degree where I have to send the exact right amount of wine to each colony. I also want to use my trade ships for shipping wine as little as possible because I need them for pillaging.

I think of it in this way - for each town I have that is on a wine island, I will never have to keep track of that town's wine supply.

I forgot who it was, but someone here had the idea to relocate all his towns to a single wine island and to simply pillage/trade for all other resources. I have to admit that it's quite tempting, considering that you would never have to ship wine or keep track of it ever again.

Anyway, I would go with a second wine town.
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Eldracar wrote:

I forgot who it was, but someone here had the idea to relocate all his towns to a single wine island and to simply pillage/trade for all other resources. I have to admit that it's quite tempting, considering that you would never have to ship wine or keep track of it ever again.

A friend of mine on Epsilon had one marble and everything else was wine and he did just as you said, pillaged for everything else. He did fairly well as he had 7 towns and over 1 million total score.

I would go with wine for the same reasons that Eldracar stated. Having to constantly manage your wine shipments is a pain and wine is truly the only thing that you must have.
    yup277
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by yup277 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm

I would suggest making it a floater if you are interested in pursuing a military path in addition to your economic one.

Trance
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male

Post by Trance on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:46 pm

yup277 wrote:I would suggest making it a floater if you are interested in pursuing a military path in addition to your economic one.

If I understand that correctly you suggest to place it somewhere further than my other 5 towns (they are located near to each other). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    yup277
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by yup277 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Well a floater is used to pillage a player who has lots of goods but is protected by a very large navy. Instead of wasting ships by blockading the target, you plant a floater colony. You send your land units to your floater and upgrade the warehouse to hold the goods. Then you only have to get through the towns land defenses to pillage the target. You can also use it to pillage targets who are far away.

A floater is merely a temporary colony.

Trance
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male

Post by Trance on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:27 am

yup277 wrote:Well a floater is used to pillage a player who has lots of goods but is protected by a very large navy. Instead of wasting ships by blockading the target, you plant a floater colony. You send your land units to your floater and upgrade the warehouse to hold the goods. Then you only have to get through the towns land defenses to pillage the target. You can also use it to pillage targets who are far away.

A floater is merely a temporary colony.

Wow, I would never think about this... thanks Shocked ! I'll definitely try that in the future but first I feel like I need 1 more wine and marble colony. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:23 am