Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

+16
truth
Highlander
Greeny42
cajungirl
Raede
Yazdyeys
Dogsbody
Emperor Nero
sasuke
Hannible
claudius
clh89
Fact
xSRT4x
falstaff
Evil Elvis
20 posters

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Poll

Segregate boards or Keep them in the "Community" format

[ 28 ]
    [Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Bar_left47%[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 32 ]
    [Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Bar_left53%[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Bar_right [53%] 

Total Votes: 60
    Poll closed

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Empty [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 am

I believe that alliances' issues would not be the same as every other alliance. PoG-1 has some different issues than PoG2 or PoG-T. I am not saying lets separate the boards completely. I want the community idea to stay the same, but i think an area for alliances to deal with certain matters with each other would be a good thing. Here is an example the ikariam boards are separated into categories and under those categories are more categories. Now when you get to the Gamma World section it is not just gamma world area where a bunch of random posts would be posted in one area with some degree of separation of just a bold tag in front of the name. It has sections and those sections even have separations under them. They create order and lessen the excessive confusion in certain aspects of the game. Now of course Gamma issues in a whole, such as trade cultural treaties, and wars would be community issues. All i ask for is for some degree of this.

-Poll edited, Removed Bias tone. ~Greety
    Evil Elvis
    Private
    Private

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Empty Re: [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by Evil Elvis Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 am

Seems like a common sense idea to me...I voted aye
    falstaff
    Private
    Private

Male
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Empty Re: [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by falstaff Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:41 am

I came. I saw. I voted! Smile
    xSRT4x
    Private
    Private

Registration date : 2009-01-02

Post by xSRT4x Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 am

votinated!
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2008-10-31

Post by Fact Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 pm

This Vote will last until Jan. 22, at which point it will be decided to have every alliance have their own boards or have a Community like atmosphere, with joint boards.

asl oa note, the boards ARE actually set up that way, but we have broken them down even further, for example

lets go with a world board since that is what oliver is talking about

lets take a ..... "Drive" on how you would get to your post.....

The Worlds
    -Gamma
    -Gamma Boards
    -Market Place
    -Senate Floor
    -Away Forum
    -War Room
    -Offensive Strike
    -Call For Help
    -Spy Reports
    -Best Pillages

how that would look on the ikariam boards
    Ikariam - The Worlds
    - Ikariam - World Gamma
    (removed Alliance Intro as we dont need them)
    -Diplomacy - Gamma
    -Trade - Gamma
    - Hall of Fame - Gamma
    - Skipper's sea chest - Gamma
    (removed the archives since we use only 1 archive)

as you can see we are set almost exacly like the ikariam boards except for our war room which is broken down even more then the equivalent (HOF)

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm

All i am asking for is just an area in which we can have specifically for PoG-T and others can do the same. I think once we get it settled we can agree on how it will be set up.
    clh89
    Private
    Private

Registration date : 2009-01-09

Post by clh89 Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Done and voted.
    claudius
    Private
    Private

Male
    Registration date : 2009-01-09

Post by claudius Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:13 pm

There you go .. I voted
    Hannible
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-11-19

Post by Hannible Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:29 pm

voted oliver
    sasuke
    sasuke
    Super Game Operator
    Super Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by sasuke Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 pm

i voted hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Cool Cool Cool
    Emperor Nero
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2008-11-13

Post by Emperor Nero Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 am

I think it needs to be more centralized. Voted option A.
    Dogsbody
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Dogsbody Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 am

Agreed, Voted A
    Yazdyeys
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? Empty Re: Separate Boards

Post by Yazdyeys Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:05 am

I wouldn't mind having separate areas dedicated to each POG on the boards. However, I think that all POG members would still need to have access to those sections of the board. That way we can all know what is going on with our fellow bothers and sisters. We may even have something to contribute even if the members of the other branches thought that the subject of the post was unique to them. All in all though I think the community boards are best. If one branch or another thinks a topic is unique to them, then they can designate that in the subject line.
    Raede
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Raede Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:10 am

I agree with the above reply. There will be instants where PoG-1 will be discussing events that concern only those with huge amounts of points but these would be future events for PoG-2 members. They are not at the moment relevant to me but still useful for my planning. I voted for the first one.
    cajungirl
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

Post by cajungirl Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

olivertheturk wrote:I believe that alliances' issues would not be the same as every other alliance. PoG-1 has some different issues than PoG2 or PoG-T. I am not saying lets separate the boards completely. I want the community idea to stay the same, but i think an area for alliances to deal with certain matters with each other would be a good thing. Here is an example the ikariam boards are separated into categories and under those categories are more categories. Now when you get to the Gamma World section it is not just gamma world area where a bunch of random posts would be posted in one area with some degree of separation of just a bold tag in front of the name. It has sections and those sections even have separations under them. They create order and lessen the excessive confusion in certain aspects of the game. Now of course Gamma issues in a whole, such as trade cultural treaties, and wars would be community issues. All i ask for is for some degree of this.

-Poll edited, Removed Bias tone. ~Greety

ZThere are a few of us who are a POGer on different worlds ... and it would be difficult for us because we would have to log on for one world check everything out and then log in for another world just to check that world's news out ...

I play on Beta and Eta and thinking about going to Gamma ... i already am a PoG on 2 worlds and may be on a third! And i dont see how having separate boards will benfit us ... having a combined board will make many lives easier and on top of it will lead to expansion ... when i joined PoG i met a ton of new people that dont play on my world ... so i joined a different world so i could play with my New friends ... so the alliance got expanded just by me seeing and meeting all the other worlds players ...

Keep it the way it is PLEASE
    Greeny42
    Greeny42
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 500
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by Greeny42 Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:15 am

I agree with the post above. It should stay the way it is.

Yes sometimes different branches of PoG have specific problems. However, I feel that these problems should be dealt with as a community. There in lies our strength. Whether it is help in troops, supplies, ideas, knowledge, learning how to deal with a specific problem for the future, or just staying up to date on what is happening to PoG in that world. There is a lot we can contribute to one another, and if we separate it further I believe that we'll miss out on some of these community benefits that make us so strong.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:10 pm

interesting

actually notice you guys are making it sound as if i am doing something extreme. I only wanted a small area for the different alliances. Not as if i am asking to separate the whole site.
    Highlander
    Private
    Private

Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post by Highlander Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm

if we are all family......and a big family, it may make sense to seperate some aspects of the forum or fine tune it.....I think it would then encourage use of the site....as I personally dont want to trawl through everything everytime I log in, the heads of the family would need to be accountable for any communication that affects each of us regardless of our position in the alliance......but in simple terms...the easier and quicker it is to catch-up on news etc....the more ppl will use it

crap post eh? lol

Highlander

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Wow who ever edited the polls is making this unfair. So why is it that you can have a biased tone in the staying together in everything aspect? Staying together in everything leads to boring, and jumbled up boards. Well maybe not since not many people post yet. But in the future it will allow organization.

P.S. This is BS Greety fix the polls to make it reasonable...
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male

Post by Fact Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:18 pm

type out re wording for it with no bias and i will i asked a few other members if this removed the bias and i was told it did, so right now it stays as is, also, do you want to allow vote canceling this way people can change there mind if they read the posts and decide to choose the other option

as well, should i allow all of you to see ALL the boards so that you can see how far it is already broken down (as only a few people can see the full extent of these boards) (this would only be until the 22nd when the poll closes

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 pm

of course it erased the bias someone else was supposed to give a counter argument to me on the replies which did happen, but it is totally in the favor of being together.

Have the boards with out any separation, meaning no sections for alliances

Have the boards separate just a little for the alliances to be able to have their own areas
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male

Post by Fact Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Oliver so you dont believe the boards are at all separated?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:28 pm

specifically only referring to alliances.
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male

Post by Fact Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Poll Options (wording) changed

Vote Canceling is Now Available, so if you want to change your vote, just click Cancel vote and redo your vote
    truth
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by truth Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Oliver, i don't know you or for that matter very few in your alliance. The fact that most people just registered to do this vote has to make me question why. If i am not mistaken, one of the requirements for becoming a PoG community, was that all members register on the boards so ALL members may benefit from what was/is going on in the other alliances. I personally like the way the boards are separated by server as I play them all. As far as adding another layer for specific alliances, I am not sure I understand why. If we are all PoG, and we all expect assistance in time of need, assuming of course we weren't the reason for going to war, why we would want things to be separate. I would share all my information with members of PoG-2 and PoG-T, so we could better co-ordinate our actions against common enemies. We have the war rooms and such for just that. If you are doing something in your alliance thats different from what the other alliances are doing, and having success with that, wouldn't you want the other alliances to benefit from it also? Maybe tailor it more to suit them or whatever? Isn't that what a community is about?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content