Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Prtecting goods in 3.0 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

5 posters

Prtecting goods in 3.0

truth
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Prtecting goods in 3.0 Empty Prtecting goods in 3.0

Post by truth Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:34 pm

It seems to me the best way to protect goods in 3.0 version is to build a level 1 town hall with level1 shipyard, lvl 1 barracks, GR at least same level as other cities,Hideout as high as you can make it, same with Walls. All the other spaces can be filled with warehouses. No need for tavern or museum because level 1 town with GR's up does not require any wine. Lvl 1 town hall limits how much material can be taken during a pillage. Troops can be built in your other cities and sent to this island for protection. Same with ships. Later in the game, it is OK to increase Shipyard and Barracks. Main cities will still need 1 large warehouse for upgrades, but any goods left at end of day can be shipped to warehouse island.

As for limiting how much of each material is pillaged it works the same as now, based on percentage of each good in warehouse. Keep 4-5 times more wood and that is what they will get.

Any input as to this theory is welcome, we are always looking for ways for our alliance to stand out from the rest.
    nolanshields
    nolanshields
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Prtecting goods in 3.0 Empty Re: Prtecting goods in 3.0

Post by nolanshields Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Any info on warehouse safety storage?
    ambrosiaa
    ambrosiaa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Prtecting goods in 3.0 Empty Protecting goods in 3.0

Post by ambrosiaa Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 pm

So do people think this will lead to far more raiding/pillaging then before? Should we start building up stronger armies for extra protection? Just curious. Shocked
    Syrcen
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by Syrcen Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:17 am

Just some things that initially dropped into my brain when I saw the idea, but it sounds very effective if you can keep the warehouses high enough to get 100% of the goods protected or scary small military in other towns. People could attack the gatherng towns too if your not online often to keep them fairly empty unless goods are in use, I figure that people will realize the extra moving time alone kill people with limited access, but I figure it would be fine for people on several time a day..
    ---

"The most significant change will be in raiding and attacking. There will be no more gold looting any more. The amount of looted resources will not depend on the harbor size of the attacked city, but on the amount of trading ships sent with the attack. Each trading ship will load up 15 resources per minute for 20 minutes. An attacker can now loot every resource which is not protected by a warehouse. As a compensation, you can now build more than one warehouse per city."-Merlin
    Where did you get the level 1 townhall impacts level of resources you can get from pillaging? I don't see it... Or did I misunderstand?

Also if your centralizing all of your goods, will this target not make for a more massive loss if someone does decide to break through the defense? An interesting new way to pull people, breaking a military and letting smaller players come with the tradeships to get goods and wipe any quick build troops... Razz
    Poison
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by Poison Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm already increasing my ever expanding army in preparation for the new patch ^_^
    truth
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by truth Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Cant find the information anymore so posted on Boards for mods, sgo to answer.
    Poison
    Poison
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by Poison Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 am

Well, if your town has a trading port it can also help to protect your goods. You can always just shove 20k resources at max price into there and withdraw them after the pillage ^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 am