Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Best soldiers for combine defense and offence EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

5 posters

Best soldiers for combine defense and offence

evilking
    evilking
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Best soldiers for combine defense and offence Empty Best soldiers for combine defense and offence

Post by evilking Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:28 am

Hello everyone,
    I am just wondering if what will be my best option in hiring soldiers for my town.
    Currently, i prefer hiring swordsman than any other offensive units. For my defense, i have lots of phalanx station in my town but i am thinking of firing them in exchange of hiring steam giants. Is it reasonable?

As i go on calculating there points(units are fully upgraded) i have noticed that phalanx has a total defense points of 91/unit including there bonus defense and has an upkeep of 24 gold. Hiring it cost less sulfur. As for steam giants it has a total of 299 defense points per unit, has an upkeep of 64 gold correct me if i'm wrong but the cost is sucks.! To much sulfur is needed including the wood.

So if anyone can give me a best option i'll appreciate it a lot.
    -Made-
    -Made-
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Number of posts : 397
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Best soldiers for combine defense and offence Empty Re: Best soldiers for combine defense and offence

Post by -Made- Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:54 am

As of right now, pre-update, your best options for defense are steam giants, fully upgraded. Youwill want to keep quite a few phalanxes as well, so that your stamina is high. Don't neglect your navy either. As for attacking units, a combination of fully upgraded swordsman, archers, and gunsman is what I use. You can even throw in steam giants if you are attacking a tough target. Flame throwers are your best bet for attacking with your navy.
    evilking
    evilking
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Best soldiers for combine defense and offence Empty thanks.

Post by evilking Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:08 am

But do you really think a mix combat is better than sending a battalion of swordsman?
    Because any side you look at it, swordsman has the stamina and the highest offensive points, except for bombardiers.
    Why do i need to used mix combat??
    Bullpid
    Bullpid
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 675
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Best soldiers for combine defense and offence Empty Re: Best soldiers for combine defense and offence

Post by Bullpid Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:24 am

For defense you want either just steam giants or phalanx with swords, or gunmen, or archers, something that has offensive points. The reason you want phalanx or SG's is because they have resistance bonuses.

Right now i have a minimum of 40 phalanx on defense and 20 archers. once i get steam giants i will add them to my force and reduce the number of other units.

For offense i personally prefer archers and phalanx as my primary force then i send in a bunch of swords as fodder. again once i get SG's ill be using them.
    Yoda
    Private
    Private

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2008-12-14

Post by Yoda Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:14 pm

As Bullpid stated Phalanx and Archers are a good combo, but when you add steam giants you also have to look at stamia. you can replace 3 to 4 phalanx with Steam Giants for less upkeep, but then you lose the added staying power you have in large numbers and the new update changes all these numbers.phalanx and archers will have the resistance.

As for upkeep the cost will allow you to have a army almost 4 times the size for the same cost.
    But you need a lot of goods to train all of them.

So once 3.0 is available in all worlds sulfur will be a very need good.
    Eldracar
    Eldracar
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 591
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by Eldracar Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:48 pm

evilking wrote:But do you really think a mix combat is better than sending a battalion of swordsman?
    Because any side you look at it, swordsman has the stamina and the highest offensive points, except for bombardiers.
    Why do i need to used mix combat??

As far as I know, the way that combat works is that each side gets to attack the other in each round. So those swordsmen will be good when it is your turn to attack. However, when it's your opponent's turn to attack, your swordsmen will be using their defense rating to defend against your opponent's attack. You need defensive units to absorb all the damage you'll be taking.

You can use IkaFight to run the numbers. Try 60 swordsmen against 40 phalanx, and then try 30 swordsmen + 30 phalanx against those same 40 phalanx defenders, and see the difference. IkaFight isn't perfect, but it isn't that far off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:06 pm