Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

+16
truth
Highlander
Greeny42
cajungirl
Raede
Yazdyeys
Dogsbody
Emperor Nero
sasuke
Hannible
claudius
clh89
Fact
xSRT4x
falstaff
Evil Elvis
20 posters

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Poll

Segregate boards or Keep them in the "Community" format

[ 28 ]
    [Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Bar_left47%[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 32 ]
    [Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Bar_left53%[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Bar_right [53%] 

Total Votes: 60
    Poll closed

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Empty [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 am

First topic message reminder :

I believe that alliances' issues would not be the same as every other alliance. PoG-1 has some different issues than PoG2 or PoG-T. I am not saying lets separate the boards completely. I want the community idea to stay the same, but i think an area for alliances to deal with certain matters with each other would be a good thing. Here is an example the ikariam boards are separated into categories and under those categories are more categories. Now when you get to the Gamma World section it is not just gamma world area where a bunch of random posts would be posted in one area with some degree of separation of just a bold tag in front of the name. It has sections and those sections even have separations under them. They create order and lessen the excessive confusion in certain aspects of the game. Now of course Gamma issues in a whole, such as trade cultural treaties, and wars would be community issues. All i ask for is for some degree of this.

-Poll edited, Removed Bias tone. ~Greety

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Empty Re: [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:21 pm

want to understand me and get to know me? go sign up on xfire then we can have a better conversation. Add the theturkishmaniac.
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2008-10-31

[Poll] Have own areas for alliances? - Page 2 Empty Re: [Poll] Have own areas for alliances?

Post by Fact Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:31 pm

or he (as he has already) gone to the new chat system the was voted on, the IRC, this way we are always in chat rooms.
    truth
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by truth Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:34 pm

I am already setup on Pog gamma, eta, beta and council in the irc that was voted on by all the participants of the forums. Yes, i have an xfire account, but thats besides the point. As a community we voted on irc. If you need to get set up, let me know and we will get it done.

OOPS, i see Greety has already replied.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:35 pm

hmmm interesting
    wait a second isnt this supposed to only pertain to the gamma world?
    truth
    truth

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by truth Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Yes, your question is only pertaining to the Gamma world, however the vote that was taken was for all worlds. There are dedicated IRC channels for each server, and additionally, an IRC channel for the leaders.
    Admiralgh
    Private
    Private

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-01-09

Post by Admiralgh Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 pm

I'm all in for tradition but i like things organize 2 a merge of both ideas is good. we can all still be friends and talk to each other like normally but have a little space for each alliance for stuff that is more relevant for the people in that section it will be like a much more organic collective. i think that's what Oliver was train to say.
    Janzor
    Janzor
    Private
    Private

Male
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by Janzor Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Hey all.

First of all, this board needs to get cleaned, it’s way too messy.
    There are too many categories and subcategories and you are pretty screwed if you’ve forgotten your e-compas after you’ve logged in here.
    Get it slim, fit and simple; it’ll be more effective as things will be more concentrated and people will be more encouraged to post here.

An example could be to have;

• News

• General Discussion (Discussions about Ikariam that would be in everyones interest)

• Alpha World
    _____- (Sticky at the top telling about the different PoG-alliances on the server and who the leaders are)
    _____- General Discussion (That would be in the interest for the people on the Alpha-server)
    _____- War Room (Regarding war topics)
    _____- Culture & Trade (Regarding cultural asset treaties and ressource trading offers)
    • Gamma World
    _____- (Sticky at the top telling about the different PoG-alliances on the server and who the leaders are)
    _____- General Discussion etc. etc.. you all get the point.
    • Help
    _____- FAQ
    _____- Questions
    • Closed part for the leaders from the different guilds.

Second; As we are all part of the same alliance in fact, and just the names differs us, it would be completely stupid to separate the boards from each other.
    We would lose the group mentality, and the opportunity to follow each others guilds. Not to mention we could easier help each other out in case of attacks, as it will be easier for us to communicate through the different pog-alliances, without having to talk to the different diplomats in each guild.

As an alternative to splitting up the board between guilds, people could instead write what guild they are in at their profile, so it could be seen from the boards when writing here.

Cheers all
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2008-10-31

Post by Fact Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:02 am

janzor well put,

as well as many of you may have noticed that automated message that you received when registering for our boards, to had your location like (obviously actual location doesnt have to be there)

Player A :Flordia - PoG-T -Gamma
    Player B: Texas - PoG-2 Gamma/ETA
    Player C: POG-1 Gamma, Beta, epsilon PoG-2 Eta
    Player D: PoG-T
    those are just different ways to write your location, and i believe there is no limit on amount of text in there, as Well, you have the ability of a Signature, which we have an amazing sig artist doing for us, Post in the thread if you want one with the stuff u want displayed Wanted: Alliance Signatures

Last edited by Greety on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Bullpid
    Bullpid
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 675
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by Bullpid Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:18 am

I just wanted to say a few things here. First thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in how our boards run, look, and work. Secondly I would like to thank everyone for their input and suggestions on how things could be better, that really helps us out. I would also like to mention that we understand that things are not perfect and we are always working to make things better, but we are not professionals at this. This is something we are doing out of our free time and because of that it takes a little bit of time for us to do things. So I hope you all can understand where we are coming from and we will do the best we can to make our boards the best.
    talie
    talie
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by talie Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm new and I haven't even had a chance to fully navigate the site yet, however, I think that I agree with the message that many people are expressing in their posts. It is nice to have a joint area where everyone can talk to each other...but it would also be beneficial to have some separate areas where specific factions can deal with their own issues.

I have cast a vote Smile
    Yazdyeys
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 109

Post by Yazdyeys Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Janzor gives a suggested format that is actually very close to how we are already set up. The only differences are that the worlds have been contained in a heading and then separated under that heading, i.e.

Worlds
      Alpha
      Beta
      Gamma
      Epsilon
      Zeta
      Eta
      Other servers

and there are 2 additional heading on a level with "Worlds." They are the Public Access and Community Boards section. Those are the main differences. What Oliver seems to be wanting, another tier of heading under each world to accommodate the various branches of POG within that world, could really be accomplished with the circular mails in game. So I truly don't think that there is any reason to change the boards from how they stand. It's just added work for those who design and maintain the website. In addition, there really aren't a lot of subjects that need to be kept from the rest of the community. It's better to keep the subjects accessible to all for the reasons that Greeny42 stated on page 2 of this thread. Good job Greeny42. Smile

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 pm

You know what this has gotten into a bigger issue than i wanted. I just wanted a PoG-T section in which PoG-T members can vote and discuss minor things that's it. Everything else can be community. This has gotten way off from what i previously wanted. I am not asking for the whole dam boards to be reorganized just in the gamma section i wanted a PoG-T section that's it.
    Bullpid
    Bullpid
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 675

Post by Bullpid Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:58 pm

It has now gone past the date for ending the poll. As voted on by the alliance we will make a section for each alliance that can be used for anything specific to that alliance. Keep in mind though that trades or CT's or military help should still be posted in the general area of that server. If you have questions, comments or concerns feel free to PM Greety or me.

Thread Closed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 am