Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Vote on the Military Draft EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Vote on the Military Draft EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Vote on the Military Draft EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

+5
Johnny H
sasuke
Raede
Steven
Fact
9 posters

Vote on the Military Draft

Poll

Does This Fully Support the Discussion

[ 11 ]
    Vote on the Military Draft Bar_left52%Vote on the Military Draft Bar_right [52%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Vote on the Military Draft Bar_left48%Vote on the Military Draft Bar_right [48%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Vote on the Military Draft Bar_left0%Vote on the Military Draft Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Poll closed
    Fact
    Fact
    Board Admin
    Board Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2008-10-31

Vote on the Military Draft Empty Vote on the Military Draft

Post by Fact Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm

These Standards Apply to all GODS COMMUNITY Alliances

As we Mature as a community we are no longer dictating what units you use in your military. Instead we are basing our military standard off of your total score

Point Breakdown:
    10,000 to 25,000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 3% of total score or 500, whichever is less.
    25,001 to 100,000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 2% of total score or 1,500, whichever is less.
    100,001 to 300,000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 1% of total score with a 1,500 point minimum.
    300,001 & Up Total Points Generals Score Must be a minimum of 3,000

Or a Player May choose to do the Following Point System based on Units. (This is Army and Navy Combined)
    176 points of defense, Without the Resistance ability figured
    135 points of attack
    This is PER TOWN HALL LEVEL.

if you would like to Find a Good Military Makeup for your play style Visit this Link : Military Comparison For v3.0

Hideouts are at least the size of the town hall if not higher, you should have as many spies as your Town hall has levels (24 spies in city for a size 24 city)

Walls are within 2 levels of the town hall. the exception to this is after your town hall goes passed 21. After that, it is your decision to continue to grow your wall.

If you are found to be under the minimum it is up to your alliance council team to do one of two things:

1. 3 Strike Rule: First is a verbal Warning, Second is an official Mandate, and Third is Removal from alliance

2.Does not allow You To Gain Alliance help in time of military need. "We will not help those who will not help themselves", If you don't Meet the standard the alliance will not help you.

To Help Better Organize Alliances, We have Come up with a Squad System. Each Server Can Decide to Use the system, Tweak it, or Don't Use it At all.

Each Squad will be Comprised of X Players. Each Player is responsible for protecting and helping the other X members (everyone helps everyone in the group) for Military aid or Economic aid.

To Qualify to be in a Squad you Must have at least a 1,000 Generals Score.

For Squad Responsibilities Please Follow this Link : ::::SQUAD SYSTEM:::::

Looking For Advice on How To Build?

Active Pillager:[link added later]
    Passive Pillager:[link added later]
    Peaceful Trader:[link added later]

All Standards, Laws, Policies are in Place to Provide an Enriched Environment for growth of Player and Alliance.
    (C)Gods Community 2009

Last edited by Greety on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Steven
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Male
    Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Vote on the Military Draft Empty Re: Vote on the Military Draft

Post by Steven Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:59 am

I do not support the squad concept. I feel it will make the game more work unless we format it to just be a wartime help situation.
    I really do like the minimums for general score.
    I agree with the hideouts. (working on my hideouts now at lvl 20 now)
    Raede
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Raede Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:00 am

There is no provision for requiring ships for Port defense. Having the minimum 1 ship forces Pillagers to send slower warships and not just sail on in.

I am good with the minimum army standards and acknowledge that a squad system can be more efficient at times by it's nature of being smaller than the whole but I believe it would be viable to only those who will embrace it. Most players are not willing or able (time constraints) to perform extra tasks assigned to them and if everyone in the squad does not pull their own weight than the burden is shifted to the others. Just my thoughts as someone who has been in the military.
    sasuke
    sasuke
    Super Game Operator
    Super Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by sasuke Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:42 am

i agree with standards here as it would make smaller members less of a burden in trying to help them out . It will also help the people who have met the standards or higher lose less troops if they help out someone with very little troops.
    Johnny H
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:29 am

I like it and I appreciate getting to vote on it.

The only comment I might make is that once we actually implement this, we should benchmark our current situation and then allow this to run for a period of time, say a month or so and then evaluate how effective it is and allow ourselves to fine tune it if necessary. In other words we need to have some standard or measurement of where we are and then in a month or so use the same criteria to see where we are at that point. If we are progressing appropriately we continue as we are, but if we are not or if there are some rough edges to the program then we adjust accordingly. By doing this we will have concrete evidence of the effectiveness of our system. If we do it in this fashion, it should benefit the vast majority of our members and be a great recruiting tool. Just my thoughts.
    Eldracar
    Eldracar
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 591
    Registration date : 2008-11-01

Post by Eldracar Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:47 am

Or a Player May choose to do the Following Point System based on Units.
    137 points of defense, Without the Resistance ability figured
    174 points of attack
    This is PER TOWN HALL LEVEL.

Is this total, including both land and sea units?

The military requirements seem fine too me. I think the bigger debate over that would be whether a server will be using the "3 strike" rule or the "no assistance" rule. I am more in favor of the "no assistance" rule. Hey, if you can have a small military and not get attacked, then more power to you.

I find the squad system interesting. I guess it is up to the people on each server to decide whether or not they want to do it; I'd like to give it a shot, but I also don't know if I'll have the time to carry out any extra duties.

The only comment I might make is that once we actually implement this, we should benchmark our current situation and then allow this to run for a period of time, say a month or so and then evaluate how effective it is and allow ourselves to fine tune it if necessary.

Yeah, definitely. It sounds like each server has quite a bit of flexibility in deciding what they want to do, so I don't think it will be a big deal to discard anything that isn't working.
    Trance
    Trance
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by Trance Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I like everything but want to evaluate this point here:

Point Breakdown:
    10000 to 25000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 3% of total score
    25001 to 100000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 2% of total score
    100001 to 300000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 1% of total score
    300001 & Up Total Points Generals Score Must be a minimum of 3000

Some observations:

Let's say player with total of 90,000 points has to have 2% which is 1,800 GS
    Then as soon as he reaches 100,001 the new requirement for him/her is 1% which appears to be 1,000?

Same happens with numbers 24,000TS x 3% = 720GS then with 25,001TS x 2% = 500GS

Of course it's only a matter of time when those numbers will reach that break even point and we'll have to raise our GS again.
    Johnny H
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Trance wrote:I like everything but want to evaluate this point here:

Point Breakdown:
    10000 to 25000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 3% of total score
    25001 to 100000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 2% of total score
    100001 to 300000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 1% of total score
    300001 & Up Total Points Generals Score Must be a minimum of 3000

Some observations:

Let's say player with total of 90,000 points has to have 2% which is 1,800 GS
    Then as soon as he reaches 100,001 the new requirement for him/her is 1% which appears to be 1,000?

Same happens with numbers 24,000TS x 3% = 720GS then with 25,001TS x 2% = 500GS

Of course it's only a matter of time when those numbers will reach that break even point and we'll have to raise our GS again.

I agree which is why I originally had suggested this instead.

10000 to 25000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 3% of total score or 500, whichever is less.
    25001 to 100000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 2% of total score or 1500, whichever is less.
    100001 to 300000 Total Points Generals Score Must equal 1% of total score with a 1500 point minimum.
    300001 & Up Total Points Generals Score Must be a minimum of 3000 points (They didn't get this big by not knowing what to do so if they want a relatively small military let them)

It helps to make up for the situation that you refer. However, it is much more complicated so even thought the system we are voting on is not perfect, nothing will be and I am in favor of it.
    ambrosiaa
    ambrosiaa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Vote on the Military Draft Empty Vote on the Military

Post by ambrosiaa Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:58 pm

I still feel that the military requirements should be optional, but strongly recommended. I used to play this game for purely city building and constantly kept a tiny army with the accepted fact that if I got pillaged it was my own fault. While I played that way, I would never have asked for help if I got attacked.

If someone requests military help and does not meet the standards, then they must understand that they will get little or no support from the Alliance. This puts the ball back in their court and they can decide how they want to play the game. The reason i recommended going purely off military score is so that people can have flexibility in building either ships or troops. I personally recommend small fleets and huge armies.
    Syrcen
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by Syrcen Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I have an issues that I want to share that eldracar's last post pretty much brought to my notice but because the quote made me see the word swap & then I did homework...

The Town hall standard section based on a math error. It throws everyone's suggested unit ideas off.
    Yazdyeys wrote:....To finish this off I would amend the numbers I stated before to 174 attack points, and 137 defense points. The difference is the addition of 15 attack and 17 defense, the same as 1 ballista ship. That way each player can choose if they make the protection all ground troops, all naval units, or a mix. If the player decides on a mix, then they will already have recommendations for what to use. However, the end choice is always left to the player
    The standard picked numbers from this version because it was last mentioned. However, Yaz's prior numbers were 159 defense, 120 attack...
    159+17 = 176 defense (not 137)
    120+15= 135 attack (not 174)
    He just swapped the prior base numbers, but not the ship numbers. I doubt anyone noticed just skimming the thread or the standard, but it could matter quite alot..Our defense should be more then the attack...

I would still personally like to see 115 attack, but 135 is still ok, or maybe even 137 but not 174.
    I really feel this standard would be more representative if you would swap the attack and defense numbers on the town hall level system with the numbers I believe Yaz intended in that last post. Very Happy

Please?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 pm