Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Community

It appears you are not logged in. If this is your first time around, please Register and an Admin or Moderator will Privately message you Via, inGame, Game Boards, These GodsComm boards, or Email.

GODSCOMM Board Team

Gods Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of Gods' shine through.

If you guys have noticed, i have been active on beta, alpha and more recently back on eta, theta and zeta. A New Community is being built for Alliances that share the members of my alliances. Currently ONLY the ZETA alliance will be in this alliance, however an extention on beta, and alpha are in the works. from that we should beable to gain some experience and active userbase in which we will be able to expand to theta, eta, and other notable servers. ALL former POG alliances are welcome to Join the New Community.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 175 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Latest topics

» Alliance banners
Sixth Town EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:17 pm by laurelin717

» Active
Sixth Town EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 am by Fact

» MERRY CHRISTMASS
Sixth Town EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 am by cerberus

» Prayers for the lost
Sixth Town EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm by cerberus

» Theft Prevention
Sixth Town EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am by Fact

» Ventrilo
Sixth Town EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 am by Fact

» NBC Poll
Sixth Town EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm by ambrosiaa

» Board look
Sixth Town EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am by Fact

» New Board Functions
Sixth Town EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:05 am by Jergens

Vent Info

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

+2
ambrosiaa
nolanshields
6 posters

Sixth Town

nolanshields
    nolanshields
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Sixth Town Empty Sixth Town

Post by nolanshields Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:59 pm

I am within striking distance of plopping down a sixth town on Eta. I will have my 3rd GR (of 5) upgraded to level 5 within the next 2-3 days.

I'm torn about where to set down town #6. Right now I have 3 marble towns, one wine town, and one crystal town. I really don't want to abandon any of these as all of them are very well developed, and the resources on my islands are already at (or very near) the soft cap.

If 3.0 was not in the picture, I'd say without question that town #6 belongs on a wine island. Now that sulfur will play an increased role in 3.0, however, I am torn between wine and sulfur.

Any suggestions? Considering the changes in town population and tavern effectiveness, I'm not sure if wine will be more or less important. It does seem that museums will be a little easier to upgrade, especially since I have three marble sources.

Also, as an aside, does anyone think the Temple of Hermes will be important in 3.0? I was going to target that wonder for my next town (since I don't have it yet), but it looks like cargo ships are getting a lot cheaper in 3.0.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    ambrosiaa
    ambrosiaa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Male
    Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Sixth Town Empty 6th town

Post by ambrosiaa Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:22 am

Personally I would lean towards sulfur. That way you have a little of everything. Sulfur islands still dont seem very populated, so you might have to look around for a decent level one. IMO.
    -Made-
    -Made-
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Number of posts : 397
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Sixth Town Empty Re: Sixth Town

Post by -Made- Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:44 am

Here's what my thinking would be, because I also have the same towns as you Nolan. I haven't looked at the building costs in 3.0 in some time, so this is just off the top of my head. The reason sulfur is more important is because it will be used in the upgrading of buildings, mainly the palaces. However, your towns are already upgraded considerably and your palace/GR's will already be at level 5 when the patch comes out. So in your case, I would lean towards a wine island. However, I have strongly considered making my 6th town (which is quite a ways off) a floater island, which could be another option if you chose to go that route.

The temple of Hermes question is a good one and I haven't seen anything about wonders yet.
    nolanshields
    nolanshields
    Game Operator
    Game Operator

Male
    Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by nolanshields Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Dusting off this thread since I just plopped down town #6. I decided on sulfur since it sounds like 3.0 is coming out soon. Once 3.0 goes live, sulfur is required to upgrade the Palace and GRs. I didn't want to be caught without my own supply. Meanwhile, I have been able to pillage for wine without too much difficulty. I think town #7 (whenever that happens) will be on a wine island, preferably with a Temple of Hermes.
    Johnny H
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male
    Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Johnny H Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:17 pm

What is a floater island?
    Rohan
    Girls Only
    Girls Only

Female
    Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Rohan Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Basically a floater island holds a town of yours which is only there to basically hold troops for when we are at war or in a battle of some kind. For instance if I were to attack you and you were on islands where I wasn't, I would need to send naval blocks of your ports before sending troops so I could get at your stuff. But if I shared an island with you I could just march my troops over the land and take what I wanted. So if I have a town ready to be moved to where you are I can bypass sending naval blocks to your town. Does that make sense?
    Johnny H
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male

Post by Johnny H Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes I believe I understand. You have your palace upgraded so that you can start a new colony but you don't until you need it for a war at which time you start one where you need it. You use it during the war then I assume you just abandon it. Is that right?

By the way thanks for your reply and explanation.
    Yazdyeys
    Game Admin
    Game Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2008-11-02

Post by Yazdyeys Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:18 pm

You got it Johnny H, but you wouldn't have to leave it useless when there isn't a war going on. You could continue to use it for farming purposes when there is not a war. Farm an area, then move to a new area when pickings seem sparse there.
    Johnny H
    Johnny H
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

Male

Post by Johnny H Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 am

That is certainly something I had never thought of before!

Thanks for the info!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 pm